We invite you to the free Webinar: The key to successful automation in testing.
The webinar will take place on August 22, 2022. Start at 19:30 (GMT+3).
It depends. That is the classic answer of a consultant to many questions. But when it comes to automation in testing (AiT, a.k.a. automated testing), what does success depend on? The answer is: context. Firstly, context will determine what should be the main goal for automation that everyone should know and strive for. Second, context is different everywhere in terms of organization, people, processes, test execution and techniques, and it determines what will work. Asking all of the right questions helps define a suitable vision for automation and the roadmap to achieving it.
Focus on the business value of automation (not just because it is cool, fun or expected of you) not missing important parts of the strategy that limit value and success.
- What everyone should know about automation in testing
- Bad and good goals for automation
- The five areas of automation in testing
- Creating a vision using the questions of the PUPPET model
- Creating a roadmap for implementing the vision
Theoretical knowledge that you will gain:
- Overview of the good, business oriented goals for automation in testing
- Overview of the field of automation in testing
- Overview of the relevant questions to ask to come to a (team or corporate) automation vision and strategy
Practical skills that you will gain after the webinar:
- Using the PUPPET model to create, check or update an automation strategy.
Who will be interested:
- Anyone interested in effective automation in testing, whether from a testing, automation or business perspective.
- While experienced automators will recognize more of the topics, others will also benefit from a unique, clear overview of this field of expertise. And anyone can use the PUPPET model to check that all the important questions have been addressed.
Martin Gijsen (Netherlands)
- Martin is lead consultant automation in testing at Sogeti in the Netherlands.
- His main focus is on optimizing the value of automation in testing for new and existing initiatives, for any kind of system.