We invite you to the Webinar: Atlassian approach to quality. Shift left and Quality Engineering.
Shift Left is a growing trend in the software industry, more and more companies starting to use it. This talk will give you examples of how it is implemented and used for years already in one of the biggest IT companies in the world.
Atlassian has a pretty unique approach to quality and was the pioneer in the field of the Shift Left and Quality Assistance. This webinar will give you an overview of how it is built, how it evolves in time, and how you may assure high quality of the products having 1 quality engineer per 10 developers ratio.
It may be interesting for quality engineers, developers, team leaders, project managers. It will give you hints on how you may adjust your quality process to reduce bug count, find bugs earlier, and be more accurate around your release schedule.
- Introduction and setting the context around business models for which such approach is most effective.
- What Quality Assistance is about?
- What Quality Engineers in Atlassian are doing?
- Overview of the Atlassian quality process.
- Challenges of such approach.
Theoretical knowledge that you will gain:
- How to build an effective quality process with a small number of quality engineers involved.
- How to reduce the number of bugs and incidents that are reaching clients.
- What are the benefits of the Shift Left approach and where to focus quality engineers' efforts.
Who will be interested:
- Quality engineers,
- Team leaders,
- Project managers.
Speaker: Oleksandr Tkachenko
- Quality Engineer with 11 years of experience in software testing and quality.
- Currently working as the Principal Quality Engineer in Atlassian supporting multiple dev teams in keeping quality bar high, mainly focusing on the Jira Data Center.